Conversations tend to be animated and spontaneous on a variety of topics. In all activities special emphasis is placed on cognitive strategies for comprehension and recall, such as using word formation rules, syntax, and connectives to determine meaning in context. Grammar points are reviewed from a functional point of view and contrasted with similar functions but different grammatical forms in English.
You will not find a better value for Finnish language instruction anywhere in the area!
- The Finnish Language School Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, or disability. All adults are welcome to study with us.
- Pre-registration is not required. Just come to class on the first day with your registration form.
- Tuition for the year is 340$; the first attended semester in an academic year will be 180$ and the second semester is discounted to 160$.
- Only checks or cash are accepted. Checks should be payable to Finnish Language School Association, or FLSA.
- Payment is expected no later than the second class meeting of each semester.
- Tuition receipts will be given immediately upon payment.
- Refunds are not available.
- The size of the school is such that we do not offer scholarships, fellowships, housing or assistance. We do not offer assistance or endorsement regarding obtaining student visas to the United States.
Students in this class are fairly fluent speakers of Finnish who read newspaper texts, listen to current events and special interest stories, read novels and watch movies.