This course includes: Review and extension of the basic skills necessary when talking about oneself and everyday life, i.e. questions and answers about one's name, nationality, what one does for a living, where one lives, basic shopping vocabulary, etc. (see Level I). Introduction of basic conversational skills in talking about hobbies and other interests; family friends, relatives; work and holidays; giving and understanding directions and how to locate places. Other topics and skills that the students show an interest in working on.
You will not find a better value for Finnish language instruction anywhere in the area!
- The Finnish Language School Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, or disability. All adults are welcome to study with us.
- Pre-registration is not required. Just come to class on the first day with your registration form.
- Tuition for the year is 340$; the first attended semester in an academic year will be 180$ and the second semester is discounted to 160$.
- Only checks or cash are accepted. Checks should be payable to Finnish Language School Association, or FLSA.
- Payment is expected no later than the second class meeting of each semester.
- Tuition receipts will be given immediately upon payment.
- Refunds are not available.
- The size of the school is such that we do not offer scholarships, fellowships, housing or assistance. We do not offer assistance or endorsement regarding obtaining student visas to the United States.
Some previous study of Finnish required.