This course reinforces and builds on grammar, vocabulary and expressions learned previously. A typical class period is spent in review, new material, and homework discussions. The emphasis is on use of Finnish in everyday life including some light reading and informal writing. Grammar and subject matter are taken from texts and augmented by the teacher and students to accommodate various interests. The class is conducted in Finnish as much as possible.
You will not find a better value for Finnish language instruction anywhere in the area!
- The Finnish Language School Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, or disability. All adults are welcome to study with us.
- Pre-registration is not required. Just come to class on the first day with your registration form.
- Tuition for the year is 340$; the first attended semester in an academic year will be 180$ and the second semester is discounted to 160$.
- Only checks or cash are accepted. Checks should be payable to Finnish Language School Association, or FLSA.
- Payment is expected no later than the second class meeting of each semester.
- Tuition receipts will be given immediately upon payment.
- Refunds are not available.
- The size of the school is such that we do not offer scholarships, fellowships, housing or assistance. We do not offer assistance or endorsement regarding obtaining student visas to the United States.
Basic concepts of Finnish required.