- Start date: 13 Jan 2018
- Duration: 3 Months
- Level: Intermediate I
- Location: FLSA
This course builds on Beginner foundation and also provides entry point for those with some previous exposure to Finnish: Review and extension of the basic skills necessary when talking about oneself and everyday life, i.e. questions and answers about one's name, nationality, what one does for a living, where one lives, basic shopping vocabulary, etc. Introduction of basic conversational skills in talking about hobbies and other interests; family friends, relatives; work and holidays; giving and understanding directions and how to locate places. Other topics and skills that the students show an interest in working on.
You will not find a better value for Finnish language instruction anywhere in the area!
- The Finnish Language School Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, or disability. All adults are welcome to study with us.
- Pre-registration is required so that we can align students and teachers. Teachers manage Zoom connections.
- Tuition for the year is 340$; the first attended semester in an academic year will be 180$ and the second semester is discounted to 160$.
- Checks, cash, VENMO, PAYPAL and ZELLE are accepted. Checks should be payable to Finnish Language School Association, or FLSA.
- Payment is expected no later than the second class meeting of each semester.
- Tuition payment will be acknowledged by email and or feedback via VENMO, PAYPAL or ZELLE.
- Refunds are not available.
- The size of the school is such that we do not offer scholarships, fellowships, housing or assistance. Student acceptance is at the discretion of the teacher.
Some previous study of Finnish required, either from having progressed from Beginner or from having previous exposure such as relatives, or having lived a while in Finland.